What to bring and what not to bring . . . that is the question
Time is marching on as it always does, and unbelievably, we are about one month away from the Spring sale! As you are amassing the goodies you want to sell at the sale, please remember that Charleston Repeats does not accept every item under the sun. We have a list of accepted and prohibited items on our website, but after some questions regarding what items are accepted (ex. CR does NOT accept car seats or bases), we realized the importance of posting the list here as well: New This Season:
- Junior sizes to be specific--please no small, medium, large for this size. Estimate what junior size the item would be in 12, 14, 16, 18, or 20.
- Maternity items limited to 10 per consignor, so be choosy and bring the Lowcountry your very best in maternity wear!
- Shoes must be in pristine condition. We will have a shoe monitor in the shoe section who will be inspecting shoes.
- No hooded jackets or sweaters with draw strings will be accepted.
- No bean bag chairs (with the tiny pellets) will be accepted.
- No baby formula nor food will be accepted.
Items Accepted by Charleston Repeats:
- Seasonally Appropriate Boys and Girls Clothing sizes newborn to 20.
- Children’s Shoes (5 pair per size per Consignor)
- Seasonally Appropriate Maternity Clothing (limited to 10 per consignor)
- Dancewear, School Uniforms, Scout Uniforms
- Swimwear (spring sale)
- Halloween Costumes (fall sale)
- Pretend play, dress-up clothes and dolls
- Underwear – new in package
- Sports equipment – in season
- Toys for infants, toddlers and teens
- Riding toys, bicycles, scooters, little tyke cars
- Puzzles, books, games, home school material
- VHS and DVD movies and CD’s
- Infant Accessories – Diaper bags, blankets, potty chairs, bath seats and tubs, bottles (new in package or without nipples), pacifiers (new in package only), breast pumps with all parts and in working order, etc.
- Baby and Children’s Furniture - Gliders, cribs, changing tables, bassinets, mattresses, toddler beds, tables/chairs, etc.
- Baby Equipment - High-chairs, exersaucers, pack-n-plays, strollers, swings, baby gates, etc.
- Infant/child themed bedding, sheets, pillows, sleeping bags, picture frames, wall art, mobiles, rugs, lamps, laundry hampers, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment
- Children’s luggage or backpacks
- Children’s Dinnerware Sets/Utensils
- Bedrails and Safety items
- Video Game Systems/Accessories/Games
- If your child has worn it, read it, played with it or used it and it is in excellent condition, we will accept it
Items NOT Accepted by Charleston Repeats:
- Clothing/shoes out of date or out of season – remember, Charleston Repeaters expect the best in fashion and quality!
- Clothing with stains, holes, missing buttons or broken zippers
- Jewelry of any kind
- “R” rated DVD or VHS movies
- Toys, equipment or furniture with missing or non-functioning parts
- Items that require batteries, unless batteries are included
- Tee shirts, unless popular brands and in excellent condition
- Stuffed animals, unless battery operated
- Video games marked mature
- Socks, tights, belts, hats and hairbows if not with an outfit
- Items recalled by the Consumer Products Safety Commission (check out www.cpsc.gov)
- ABSOLUTELY NO CAR SEATS NOR BASES
- Formula or baby food
- Hoodies or Hooded sweaters
- Jackets with draw strings
**Please note that in an interest to provide only the best in merchandise to Lowcountry parents, Charleston Repeats reserves and maintains the right to reject any item failing to meet the requirements set forth above.**
Charleston Repeats Consignor Tips:
- Call 1-800-424-9398 or check out www.cpsc.gov for possible recalls.
- All toys requiring batteries must have batteries included
- All items must be SUPER CLEAN and in working condition – taking pride in the items you bring makes a huge difference in whether or not your items sell
- Bring only your best – Charleston Repeaters are looking for gently used, top quality merchandise