New This Season(& not-so new!)
Each season we attempt to tweak the sale to make it a better experience for everyone. Some things work, and others don't! Last season, we learned that a sale after Thanksgiving is not ideal for many reasons! BRAND NEW for the spring sale items are in italics:
- You are limited to a total of 300 items per consignor. If you want to bring more than 300 items, simply email us. We wil. look at your sale's history with Charleston Repeats and get back to you.
- We will close at 2pm on Saturday.
- Check-In Appointments for those with over 200 in clothing items. For those consignors bringing more than 200 clothing items, you may sign up for a check in time once you register or you can just come as a "walk-in." You can find the tab for the check-in times on our portal when you login. It is not mandatory to have a check-in time.
- In light of the high percentage of people that sign up to volunteer and then don't show up, we are implementing a rule that you cannot volunteer in the future if you sign up to volunteer and then don't show up. Volunteers are the life-line of this Sale - not showing up hinders the management of the Sale which ultimately hurts the consignor.
- Limitation on Shoes. The number of shoes you can bring has been limited to FIVE ( 5). We have been overwhelmed with the number of shoes in the shoe section every season. Therefore, this season we are limiting shoes to your BEST five (5) pairs of shoes (this is not 5 per gender, this is 5 total).
- We will continue to limit the number of items you can bring for Premie - 3T. You may consign only 15 items of the same size for each gender for sizes Premie through 3T - Bring your best! If you pair items together, they must be of comparable size (do NOT put a 2T shirt and a 6m pair of pants together!) The 15 item per size/per gender limit we implement for Premie-3T sizes does not include swimsuits in the spring nor jackets/coats, or costumes in the fall.
- We have updated the Unaccepted Items (see list on website), to include maternity books. Maternity books, along with stuffed animals, VHS tapes, car seats, breast pumps, etc. will go straight to the donation area if you bring them and will not be returned to you.
- We have added some paid positions for breakdown on Saturday during breakdown for $10.00 an hour. If you are interested, please review the information under the VOLUNTEER TAB and also on the portal when you login. These paid hours will be separate from volunteer hours. Therefore, if you want to get paid for the paid slots on Saturday as well as shop as an 8 hour volunteer you must sign up for 2, 4 hour volunteer slots in addition to the paid slot.
- $35.00 minimum to consign in order to receive your Presale Bash passes.
- NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 AT THE PRESALE BASH - children are allowed on all public sale days, but not at the Presale Bash unless they are a baby in a chest carrier. You cannot bring a stroller or a wagon to the Presale Bash - no exceptions - but they are allowed on the public shopping days.