This page will provide you with everything you need to know to consign from beginning to end.
Registration will open approximately 6-7 weeks prior to the Sale. Login to our website and click the REGISTER tab. Follow all of the instructions including paying your $25 non-refundable registration fee via PayPal. Your consignor number will appear on the login welcome page every time you login. For each sale you must re-register and re-pay your registration fee. At the beginning of each sale season, you may need to "clear your cache" and "refresh" your computer screen so your computer recognizes the new sale, instead of "seeing" the previous one. Our sale fills up quickly, so do not use the deadline as your sign-up date. If the sale fills up prior to the deadline, registration will be closed. Note the registration deadline on the SALE SCHEDULE.
After you register, you will begin to receive weekly updates from us with tagging tips, time saving ideas, target dates, and reminders. Please read each email or email blast you get from us. Sometimes our emails go to the "junk" box. Check your "junk" email box and click "Wait! This is safe!" so you receive all correspondence from us. These emails are filled with important tips and updates.
Preparing to Tag:
You will need the following goodies to start tagging your items:
- White card-stock--(not flimsy copy paper)
- A good printer
- Sturdy safety pins--ONLY safety pins-no stick pins/staples/etc.
- Clear package tape
- Wire hangers OR plastic hangers
- Zip-lock bags
- Masking tape
We recommend that you watch our VIDEO TUTORIALS to get a good idea of how to properly tag clothing, games, shoes, toys, books, etc.
Preparing to Tag Your Items:
Each consignor must bring a minimum of $35 worth of merchandise to sell with us per sale and in order to obtain your consignor wristbands. There is a limit of 500 total items you may sell with us per sale. Once you have determined what items you are selling, read our MERCHANDISE PREP TAB and watch the VIDEO TUTORIALS to know how to get your items ready. Once you are ready to actually put tags on your items, take note of the following rules:
- YOU MUST USE WHITE or LIGHT-COLORED CARDSTOCK ..... NO EXCEPTIONS. Paper tags fall off easily and get lost.
- All clothing items must be grouped and rubber-banded together by size and gender at check-in.
- No handwritten tags will be accepted - all tags must be entered on our web-based system.
- Do not bag shoes if possible - use zip-ties or safety pins instead!
- Junior sizes must be placed in a numerical size --no small, medium, large. Estimate what junior size the item would be in 12, 14, 16, 18, or 20 OR junior sizes 3, 5, 7, or 9.
- If your child's clothing item says "small," "medium," or "large," put the numerical size on the tag you make for it instead so we make sure we put it in the correct section. If your child was 4 years old when he wore it, put 4 on the tag.
- Sizes options will appear when you start tagging on the website. We do NOT have a "2" and "2T" or "3" or "3T" or "4" or "4T".
- You are required to put a detailed description in the DESCRIPTION area of the tag, so we can match the tag back to the item in the event the tag falls off. Do NOT leave the description area blank. If you leave the description area blank, you will be asked to write in a detailed description of each item at drop off.
- You may consign only 15 items of the same size for each gender for sizes Premie through 3T - Bring your best! If you pair items together, they must be of comparable size (do NOT put a 2T shirt and a 6m pair of pants together!)
- If a clothing item says "6m-12m," then pick a size from the sizes we use . Ex. put it in the "6m" size.
- The 15 item per size/per gender limit we implement for Premie-3T sizes does not include swimsuits in the spring nor jackets/coats, or costumes in the fall.
- Shoes are limited to 5 pairs per consignor.
- No sweatshirts will be accepted for the Fall Sale, unless they are in EXCELLENT condition and are a quality name brand.
Online Barcode Tagging:
Charleston Repeats is pleased to offer online barcode tagging for your merchandise. We have partnered with My Consignment Manager to assist you in preparing for this event. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept tags from other sales. However, if you have participated with Charleston Repeats in the past, you can transfer your items from our previous sales to a current sale. You must transfer the items from a past CR sale for the computer system to recognize the item at a current CR sale. With the barcode tagging system, each tag is automatically printed with your consignor number, description and price on it. Each tag will have whether or not you have chosen "discount yes" or "no" on it. Items with ND under the price mean you have chosen "No Discount." Each tag will also indicate whether or not you have chosen to donate your unsold item at the end of the sale. The MyCM system will create your inventory list and allow you to track your sales during the sale week.
Remember, online tagging will end at 7 AM on Tuesday, MARCH 7TH. All items MUST be entered into the system before that time. You can still print tags after that time.
**If you have already registered with Charleston Repeats and have your user name and password, you will click the "Returning User". If you are not registered, you can simply click "New User" and register from this tab.
Additional Charleston Repeats' tips:
- Print a test page to make sure that barcodes look crisp and clear with no fuzziness and/or bleeding. You must be able to see the complete barcode and the white spaces in between.
- If you are using a color printer, please choose "Black Cartridge Only" when you print.
- Print on the "Normal" setting.
- If you need more room to describe your items, feel free to handwrite a description on a small piece of paper or index card and attach near the tag. This may be needed if grouping items together, such as books, and you need more room to describe or list out each item.
- DO NOT CHANGE THE PRICE ON A TAG after it has printed. Charleston Repeats cannot determine if you made the change or if has been fraudulently changed on the sales floor. If you need to make a change, print a new tag.
- Charleston Repeats reserves the right to terminate consignors if they fail to abide by the established rules. Further, items may be pulled during the sale if they fail to meet quality standards.